Our Farmington/Park Hills coverage area is provided by MPA, Inc. General Certified Appraiser Glennon Polete, IFA, IFAS
9 South Coffman Street
Park Hills, MO 63601
Fax: (800) 960-4572
Farmington is a city in St. Francois County located 60 miles (97 km) south of St. Louis in the Lead Belt region in Missouri in the United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 16,240. It is the county seat of St. Francois County. The Farmington Micropolitan Statistical Area includes St. Francois County and Washington County and has a population of 90,554 as of 2010. Farmington is a component of the St. Louis-St. Charles-Farmington, MO-IL Combined Statistical Area, also known as Greater St. Louis. Farmington was established in 1822 after its agricultural history and was previously known as Murphy's Settlement for William Murphy of Kentucky who first visited the site in 1798. When St. Francois County was organized, the town was briefly called St. Francois Court House and then later renamed to Farmington.
Park Hills was formed in an unusual four-way merger that took place in January 1994, in which the cities of Flat River, Elvins, Esther and the village of Rivermines joined to form the new city of Park Hills. The formerly incorporated village of Fairview Acres had previously merged with Flat River on November 8, 1983. The name of the new city was selected by entries submitted to a committee made up of citizens of the four cities. The name Park Hills was submitted by Mildred Lee, a lifelong resident and a former teacher of Flat River. The inspiration came from its hilly terrain in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains and the many parks that surround the area. It is 6 miles east of Irondale and 13 miles east of Belgrade. It is adjacent to St. Joe State Park, and nearby the state parks of St. Francois, Hawn, Elephant Rocks, Johnson's Shut-Ins, Taum Sauk Mountain, and Washington. It is home to Mineral Area College, formerly known as Flat River Junior College. The town is located in the Old Lead Belt, formerly a large lead mining district. The Eugene Field School was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005